Everyone has been ‘buzzing’ around the new social media platform launched by Google recently – Google Buzz. There is nothing outstanding about the layout – it’s a sort of Twitter meets FriendFeed design. The major difference (and advantage) Buzz has over the existent social networks is that it is integrated into your Gmail account. There are many other interesting features which have been discussed in much detail across the internet but this article will go more in depth about other features.
For Search Engine Optimizers, the two interesting aspects of Google Buzz are:
1. The ‘implicit’ priority that Google Buzz will get on the Google Search Engine
2. The ‘auto-following’ – you can leverage Gmail to grow your social network more rapidly (compared with Twitter) since Buzz has a built-in viral feature by auto-following contacts
For the past few years, Google has moving towards a trend know as ‘real-time’ or ‘blended’ search. On your search result page you won’t only see organic (free results) and sponsored ads but also images, video, Twitter, MySpace and news posts (all as it happens). The opportunities for SEO service here are:
1. Google may interpret links from these posts to your website as having some marginal impact on your PageRank.
2. Buzz is already linked to Gmail and Google says that public Buzz will be indexed on Google search engines (have a look at the launch video). Google is also indexing Twitter posts; all of this encourages an SEO to see Buzz as a powerful tool
3. The posts themselves may show up on Google searches and give you some temporary visibility for free and for your target keywords.
I may be speculating here but I believe that Google Buzz might get a slight advantage when it comes to ‘real-time’ search, after all its Google’s baby.2 People may read your tweets, news posts and for this reason you should directly o to your website 3 The posts themselves may show up on Google searches result and give you some temporary visibility just for free with no cost and for your goaled keywords. Buzz is already linked to Gmail and Google says that public Buzz will be indexed on Google search engines (have a look at the launch video). Google is also indexing Twitter posts; all of this encourages an SEO to see Buzz as a powerful tool.
Call us today to get started today 925-451-6677
You can see our clients list here